Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sock ears

Look at my little man with sock ears. Just a day or so old...

I will never forget the night Katie and Alexamia came in to see us. It was the day after my birthday when the "baby blues" had come a day early. Two shiny girls came in looking so beautiful, smelling of the outside world. Came in to our hospital cocoon to see little Ari. He was tiny and yellow and the most freakishly beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I kept wondering "where did this perfect creature come from"? They came in with treasures they had made for Ari that rendered me speechless. And they also had personal gifts for just me which was really special at that time. I love the gentle placement of Katie's hands in this photos, holding the wee socks up. Those hands had been massaging me not long before in the labour room. That visit was a special one, Ari's aunties.

No comments:

Post a Comment